The Real Wolf is an in-depth study of the impact that wolves have had on big game and livestock populations as a federally protected species. Expert authors Ted B. Lyon and Will N. Graves, sift through the myths and misinformation surrounding wolves and present the facts about wolves in modern times. Each chapter in the book is meticulously researched and written by authors, biologists, geneticists, outdoor enthusiasts, and wildlife experts who have spent years studying wolves and wolf behavior. Every section describes a unique aspect of the wolf in the United States. The Real Wolf does not call for the eradication of wolves from the United States but rather advocates a new system of species management that would allow wolves, game animals, and farmers to coexist with one another in a way that is environmentally sustainable.
Contributors to this groundbreaking environmental book include:
- Cat Urbigkit, award-winning wildlife author and photographer
- Dr. Valerius Geist, foremost expert of big game in North America
- Matthew Cronin, environmental researcher and geneticist
- Rob Arnaud, president of Montana Outfitters and Guides Association
- Ted B. Lyon & Will N. Graves