In this Issue:
• From the Editor — Backyard Poultry editor, Pam Freeman, discusses the importance of personalizing your chicken coop.
• Chicken Chat — Our readers share their upcycled nesting box ideas.
• Flock Photos — Reader-submitted photos. Learn how you can share your poultry photos too!
Check Out Our Favorite Coop Designs and More:
• Cooper’s Roost — A 100-year-old barn finds new life as a coop.
• Coolest Coops Winners: 2015 — Brandy Meyer gets the coop of her dreams as a birthday gift.
• Coolest Coops Winners: 2016 — Flock owners get creative with a log cabin coop and a saloon-themed coop.
• Coolest Coops Winners: 2017 — Don’t miss these stunning coops: The Best Little Henhouse in Tennessee, a storybook coop, and a wild west chicken town.
• The Cozy Cottage — A Spring-like coop cures the doldrums of Wisconsin winters.
• The Playhouse Chicken Coop — A playhouse gets a new lease on life as an imaginative henhouse.
• A Water Tower Chicken Coop — A shabby chic water tower supplies chickens with collected rain water.
• A National Chicken Coop — A motivated couple turns 12 wood crates into a lovely upcycled coop.
• Cottage House Garden Shed Coop — Garden sheds make great coops, and this cottage design is a true winner.
• Chicken Tractor Shed Conversion — A twist on a traditional garden shed conversion — this one is mobile!
• A Designer Chickens Coop — This coop proves that fluffy butts look great airbrushed.
Backyard Poultry magazine is your best source for information on how to raise healthier, more productive backyard chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, and even keeping guinea fowl. Whether you live on a farm, call a suburban neighborhood home, or are mastering poultry farming in an urban environment, we have the how-to guides and tips.
How do you keep your poultry cool in the heat? Let us know in the comments below!