It’s simple really. We are looking for the coolest coop out there! Show us your one-of-a-kind creation and make sure to include details about its craftsmanship, from custom waterers to creative feeders.
*In order to be featured in our print magazine, winners will need to send the original photos to email@example.com. Use subject line “Coolest Coops.”
Winners and Prizes:
Editors’ pick winner (as chosen by the Backyard Poultry editorial staff) will receive a EcoGlow 20-Chick Brooder from Brinsea, a Backyard Poultry T-shirt, a featured photo spread inside the August / September 2018 issue of Backyard Poultry, and a one-year subscription to a Countryside Network magazine of their choosing.
Voters’ choice winners (as chosen by Facebook and Instagram fans) will receive a Backyard Poultry T-shirt, a featured photo inside the August / September 2018 issue of Backyard Poultry, and a one-year subscription to a Countryside Network magazine of their choosing.
Honorable mention winners will be featured in the magazine as well, as chosen by the Backyard Poultry editorial team.
- Coops must not be store-bought in their entirety, although individual parts of the coop can be store-bought.
- Photos should be print quality (as high of resolution as possible) and include a description of the coop and what makes cool. Please proofread.
- Photos should clearly show the inside and outside of the coop, as well as any of the pieces mentioned in the description.
- All entries must include a name and email address, so we can contact the winners.
- Readers who have previously submitted coop articles and pictures to Backyard Poultry are encouraged to resubmit those to our contest.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Need inspiration? Download our a collection of previous winners and other cool coops we’ve featured.