Learn why livestock guardian dogs can be a good choice for your farm. Using a livestock guardian dog dates back more than 2,000 years ago. Dogs bred for the purpose of protecting livestock from predators and thieves were necessary when nomadic people roamed thousands of acres while raising sheep and cattle. The livestock guardian dog would be placed among a herd or flock and left to stay with the animals. Particular breeds were developed that showed this strong instinct to guard and protect. Not all dogs exhibit these character traits. Some individuals in other breeds may show some intensive protective instinct over your farm animals but they won't react the same way as a true livestock guardian dog will, when left to do his job.
- A Guide to Dogs on the Farm
- How to Successfully Use a Pressure Canner
- Explore Four Hydroponic Grow Systems for Beginners
- A Guide to Welding Basics
- PLUS: Blueberry Cinnamon Baked Dog Treats – Your Pooch Will Love Them!